Law as a profession and field of study has always been a keen choice for students of any stream.
Common law Admission tests i.e CLAT is a Gateway to the most prestigious law universities in India for undergraduate 5 year integrated law course including BBA LLB and BA LLB
Every year different National Law University conduct CLAT . CLAT 2019 is being conducted by Odisha, cuttack NLUO
According to clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in CLAT 2019 has come up with some major points to be noted :
- The registration can be done from 10th January 2019 till 31st March 2019
- Due to the technical glitches experienced in the last few years in conducting online CLAT exam CBT (Computer based test ) , 2019 CLAT exam will be pen paper based.
- CLAT was previously accepted by only 21 National Law universities in India but from 2019 onwards 21 other private universities will be served by the platform of CLAT for admissions.
- The paper is reschedule to Sunday , the 26th May 2019 from 3pm to 5pm.
- There will be no upper age limit for under graduate programme in CLAT 2019 ,
- CLAT 2019 provides Reservation for state domicile, scheduled Caste (SC),Scheduled Tribe (ST) Other Backward Classes (OBC) , Physically Disabled Candidates (PwD) , NRI/Foreign National candidates , Candidates belonging to the North-Eastern States and Kashmiri Migrants
- Though minimum Qualifying percentage of 10+2 for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories remained 45% or it’s equivalent grade and 40% marks or equivalent for SC/ST categories remain unchanged.
The 2 hour objective type examination having 200 questions with 1 Mark each for right answer and 0.25 deduction on every wrong answer covers 5 subjects that are
- English including comprehension
- General knowledge and current affairs
- logical reasoning
- legal aptitude
- and mathematics
where English including Comprehension and logical reasoning is for 40 marks each
General knowledge with current affairs and legal aptitude is for 50 marks each
Lastly mathematics is for 20 marks
Level of examination
The level of examination has improved throughout the years. With increase in number of candidates appearing, the competitive level has become a major challenge in front of students .
On one hand where this increase in level of examination helps in searching the creamy and most deserving candidates among all , On other hand this may lead to disappointments and less success rate.
The previous year paper analysis is most important before planning any strategy to act upon. So it is highly recommended to check the sites providing previous year analysis for a better understanding and for meeting the level of the examination.
- Either it’s a month left or an year focus and determination should be maintained.
- Try, Try and don’t cry : keep giving mock tests for improvement.
- Be regular and attached to the syllabus only.
- Do smart study and don’t over burden yourself.
- Judge your areas of strength and weakness and plan accordingly to pursue further.